Everything in Moderation!
An understanding and passion for good nutritious food can lead to optimal health and a better quality of life.
Nutritional Therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health, peak performance and individual care. Nutritional therapy practitioners use a wide range of tools to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances and understand how these may contribute to an individual’s symptoms and health concerns. This approach allows them to work with individuals to address nutritional balance and help support the body towards maintaining health. Nutritional therapy is recognised as a complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals with chronic conditions, as well as those looking for support to enhance their health and wellbeing.
Practitioners consider each individual to be unique and recommend personalized nutrition and lifestyle programmes rather than a ‘one size fits all’ approach. Practitioners never recommend nutritional therapy as a replacement for medical advice and always refer any client with ‘red flag’ signs or symptoms to their medical professional. They will also frequently work alongside a medical professional and will communicate with other healthcare professionals involved in the client’s care to explain any nutritional therapy programme that has been provided.
Common Conditions That Nutrition Helps
Obesity is increasing dramatically in the Western world, which leads to illness such as type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, raised blood pressure and skin conditions. Metabolic Balance® is a 4-phase weight management programme, based upon research and science to reset the body’s metabolism. Results show Metabolic Balance® has profound and lasting effects. Whilst the programme is renowned for its weight loss potential a recent study shows how effective the Metabolic Balance® programme is in not only improving weight but also blood lipids and quality of life. You can read the study here: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jnume/2010/197656/
Based on blood analysis a Metabolic Balance® plan is specifically tailored to the client. It is an individualised health optimising programme that works by balancing hormonal production. The plan is easy to implement and adhere to.
During the 3 month programme, your Metabolic Balance® certified coach will be on hand to prepare you for what to expect during each of the four phases. During this time your coach will support and encourage you to help you achieve your health goals. The Standard Metabolic Balance® package costs £875 and includes all of the following:
- Initial Assessment to see if Metabolic Balance® is right for you (cost of £25, offset against the cost of the programme should you proceed). If you do decide to go ahead, your coach will talk you through the preparatory stages, discuss your personal goals, and help you arrange your blood test.
- Comprehensive blood test.
- Metabolic Balance® primary consultation, your coach will discuss your individualised plan which has been produced for you based on your blood analysis. Your plan will be covered in-depth, to ensure all questions are answered and you are comfortable to begin your programme.
- First follow-up consultation with your coach, 1 week into the programme.
- 4 further consultations throughout the 3 month programme – these can be face to face or via telephone or skype.
- Regular contact from your coach to see how you are progressing
Start your journey today
Contact me to discuss any health issues, conditions or concerns. To book an appointment at the Prestwood Clinic call 01494 864700. Alternatively, book virtual consultations by calling me 07802 450598.